Power of Attorney & Inheritance
POWER OF ATTORNEY FROM
REQUIREMENTS FOR A POWER OF ATTORNEY
- A copy of the applicant(s)’ Afghan National Identity document (Tazkera or Afghan passport).
- A copy of the attorney’s Afghan National Identity documents (Tazkera or Afghan passport).
- A petition from the applicant(s) introducing the principle(s) and attorney(s), determining the subject(s) of the Power of Attorney and the granted authorities.
- If the subject of the attorney is a shared inherited property, please provide an inheritance document prior to making a Power of Attorney. If you have one, please provide us with its number, date and place of issuance.
- Two Afghan witnesses
- One photo, sized (3×4), of each principle/s, attorney/s and witnesses.
REQUIREMENTS FOR A INHERITANCE DOCUMENT
- A written request letter from one of the heir(s) asking for issuance of collateral of inheritance is required. Please provide the following information in the letter:
- The name and father’s name of the testator/deceased,
- Place and date of death of the testator/deceased,
- List of full name of all heirs,
- Presence of the applicant(s), three attesting Afghans (should not be one of the heirs), and two Afghan men witnesses (two women witnesses counted as one male witness) at the Consulate is mandatory.
- Please submit a copy of the applicants’, attesting Afghans’ and witnesses’ identification documents including: Afghan National ID (Tazkera)/Afghan Passport or foreign passport that shows Afghanistan as the place of birth; show the original ID up on request.
- Copy of the death certificate of the testator/deceased.
- A photo, sized (3×4cm), of each person