Please note that we no longer issue or extend old non-electronic passports, and you must apply for the new machine-readable electronic passport. Please look over the directions, complete the form with the correct information, and submit it to the Consular Office with the required attachments.
PASSPORT APPLICATION FORM
PASSPORT PHOTO REQUIREMENTS
REQUIREMENTS FOR A NEW AFGHAN PASSPORT
- Presence of the applicant at the Consulate is mandatory in order to take the fingerprints and follow other processing procedures
- A completed new passport application form in Dari/Pashto and English (see above link)
- Identification documents indicating Afghan citizenship (National ID/Tazkera or previous Afghan passport). Note: Afghans born outside Afghanistan that are under 17 years old and don’t have a Tazkera are not required to have a Tazkera to get a passport. They need to have a birth certificate and proof of their parent’s Afghan citizenship documents (Parent’s Tazkera or Afghan Passport).
- It is mandatory to bring your previous Afghan Passport to the Consulate, if you have been issued one in the past. If your passport has been lost or stolen, please submit a police report with your application and a copy of your passport.
- Three passport-size photos with a white background (see above link)
- An original signature of the applicant on the designated box on the second page of the passport application. Please make sure that your signature is not touching the box lines.