Please look over the following instructions carefully and make sure to fill out the application form entirely and include all necessary items of your application for a birth certificate.
BIRTH CERTIFICATE FORM
REQUIREMENTS FOR A BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- Fill and sign the Birth Certificate Application Form (see above link).
- Include a copy of the applicant’s Afghan passport or Tazkira that has been validated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul (to show the applicant’s birth place is in Afghanistan)
- Two Afghan witnesses to verify the identity, date of birth, place of birth, and names of the father and mother of the applicant.
- The witnesses should not be any members of the applicant’s immediate family, for example: (father, mother, brother, sister, wife, husband, son and daughter).
- Witnesses are required to submit a copy of an Afghan passport or Tazkira that has been validated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul.
- If the applicant and witnesses are not able to attend the consulate office and sign the paperwork in person, they should provide a notarized affidavit.